[IronPython] Object DBs - Zope/Plone vs LINQ?

Matt Clinton mclinton at procard.com
Sat Sep 29 00:42:17 CEST 2007

Folks,

I was recently reading the July issue of Visual Studio mag, and the
opening few paragraphs of their article on "Layer Data Access..."
reminded me strongly of the problem solved by Zope/Plone in CPython
land: databases with linked objects, rather than tabled varchars, bytes,
etc.

They go on to talk about how LINQ will allow storage/retrieval (CRUD) of
CLR objects through a SQL-like syntax.

Will IronPython have access to both these approaches?
If so, there could be very terse & clean crossovers through it.
Any reflections on when to use which?

Food for thought,
-- Matt