[IronPython] Having problems in connecting to an Oracle Database using last version of ODP.NET

Vizcayno Tamparantan vizcaynot at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 03:22:47 CEST 2007

Hello:
I recently installed Oracle 11g ODAC 11.1.0.5.10 Beta in my Win XP SP2
machine and began to type next code under "IronPython console: IronPython
2.0A4 (2.0.10904.02) on .NET 2.0.50727.42":

import clr
import System
clr.AddReference("System.Data")
clr.AddReference("Oracle.DataAccess")
from System.Data import DataSet
import Oracle.DataAccess

Just after last instruction, next error is issued:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File , line 0, in ##172
  File , line 0, in _stub_##2
  File c:\os\ipy\src\Oracle.py, line 8, in Initialize
  File , line 0, in _stub_##176
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'OracleConnection'

In C# I made similar operations including data recovery without problems, I
show you the code where the first line shows the way I compiled:
// csc oracle.cs/r:C:\oracle\product\11.1.0\client_1\odp.net\bin\2.x\Oracle.DataAccess.dll
using System;
using System.Data;
using Oracle.DataAccess.Client;
public class uracle
{
 public static void Main()
 {
        OracleConnection con = new OracleConnection();
        con.ConnectionString = "User ID=xxx;Password=yyy;Data Source=zzz";
        try
        {
            con.Open();
            Console.WriteLine("Conn opened.");
            string cmdQuery = "SELECT EMPLOYEE_ID FROM PERSON";
            OracleCommand cmd = new OracleCommand(cmdQuery);
            cmd.Connection = con;
            cmd.CommandType = CommandType.Text;
            OracleDataReader reader = cmd.ExecuteReader();
            while (reader.Read())
            {
                Console.WriteLine(reader.GetDecimal(0));
            }
        }
        catch (Exception ex)
        {
            Console.WriteLine(ex.Message);
        }
        con.Close();
        con.Dispose();
 }
}

What do you think is happening? what is wrong with my ipy code?
Thanks for your attention and HELP!!!!
Vizcayno.