[IronPython] Disabling optimized methods

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Mon Nov 19 18:31:12 CET 2007

This isn't actually optimization but rather dynamic methods.  You can use the -X:StaticMethods which will force all methods into types.  But the consequence of this is if methods are getting dynamically defined (e.g. exex "def foo(): pass") then we'll leak memory because the methods can never be freed.  But it will make the typical CLR-style debugging possible.