[IronPython] Error while porting Linux code to IronPython

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Mon May 28 14:46:20 CEST 2007

Anthony Raj wrote:

> Hi Micheal,
>

> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Have changed the declaration from leafNodes = dict to leafNodes = {}
> and its working now .
>
> There are no variable names as dict in the code, which is what puzzles me.

You could try putting the old code back, and before the offending line
put a 'print dict' in to try and diagnose what the object is. 'dict' is
so fundamental to Python that I'm pretty sure it can't be broken like
that - something else must be happening.

Michael
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/index.shtml