[IronPython] Hosting IronPython 2.X in .NET app

Sylvain Hellegouarch sh at defuze.org
Tue Jul 10 22:37:15 CEST 2007

Dino Viehland a écrit :

> Does Kamaelia use the new syntax as supported via PEP-342
> (http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0342/).  That’s the particular
> piece that we don’t support and is new to 2.5 – we do support
> generators when you use yield as a statement instead of as an
> expression (in other words, we don’t support the send method on the
> generator – only next).  It’s hard to tell as 1.5.1 was released
> shortly after Python 2.5 and I don’t see any statements about which
> version of Python is required.
>

> Looking at all the various things it supports I would be shocked if
> there wasn’t some use of the C-based extension API (which would
> prevent, at least some portions, from working).

I can understand your feeling but the core of the library is actually
pure Python and very small. It's only all its extra features that do use
C libraries. The core of Kamaelia is Python.

I'm trying to use it with IP2A2 but I get a huge mono traceback
currently (mono from svn compiled IP2) so well... not getting really far
at the moment :)

- Sylvain