[IronPython] Dynamic Web Service Helpers Sample

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 01:53:14 CET 2007

2007/1/11, Dave Fugate <dfugate at microsoft.com>:
> We're happy to announce the release of another sample, Dynamic Web Service
> Helpers, which shows how web services can be consumed from IronPython in an
> easy-to-use manner.  The sample can be downloaded from
> http://www.codeplex.com/IronPython/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=47
> (IronPython-1.0.1-Samples-WebServices.zip) and details on
> what's provided can be found at
> http://www.codeplex.com/Wiki/View.aspx?ProjectName=IronPython&title=Samples

For Mono users:

This sample does not contain a makefile, but you can build using a
Visual Studio 2005 solution file. Mono now provides xbuild which works
like msbuild. xbuild is not complete, but it's complete enough to
build this sample. (As of Mono 1.2.2.)

If your Mono environment doesn't have xbuild or you want to build
manually, following line should do:
gmcs -t:library -r:IronPython.dll -r:System.Web.dll
-r:System.Web.Services.dll -recurse:sources/*.cs

RSS sample runs, others involving WSDL don't. I'm not sure why. Worth
investigating.

--
Seo Sanghyeon