[IronPython] About IronPython and LINQ again

Keith J. Farmer kfarmer at thuban.org
Thu Apr 26 20:27:35 CEST 2007

Well, get to it! ;)

-- Keith [MSFT: LINQ to SQL]

________________________________

From: users-bounces at lists.ironpython.com on behalf of Dino Viehland
Sent: Thu 4/26/2007 11:10 AM
To: Discussion of IronPython
Subject: Re: [IronPython] About IronPython and LINQ again

There's still no direct LINQ support.  We believe we're getting the correct architecture in place to support extension methods in v2.0 (note though we still haven't done the actual work to enable the extension methods and when we ship the first 2.0 builds there will be no dependencies on Orcas).  This will enable much of the LINQ abilities in a convenient to use syntax.  Until then you can clr.AddReference to the LINQ libraries and call the static extension methods directly but it'll be ugly.

Other than that we still haven't gotten to figuring out how to support LINQ in a more direct form.