[IronPython] Mono, ironPython and WinForms

Miguel de Icaza miguel at ximian.com
Sun Nov 19 16:12:46 CET 2006

Hello,

> Does that extend to support for WinForms 2.0?  Last time I tried
> running one of my .NET apps under Mono, it could not find the
> System.Windows.Forms 2.0.0.0 DLL.  I may well have been missing
> something obvious, however.

That sounds like you did not have a full Mono installation, Mono comes
with a 2.0 DLL.

But Mono only supports Windows.Forms 1.1 at this point, there are *some*
controls, methods and properties from 2.0 supported, but they are in
their infancy, and you will likely you get exceptions if you try using
those.