[IronPython] Is there any IronPython or CPython lib for CVS?

Fuzzyman fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Tue Nov 7 12:53:56 CET 2006

Mark Rees wrote:

> I google'd as Sanghyeon said, and the first link pointed me to this:
>
> http://rhaptos.org/downloads/python/pycvs/
>
> From the README.txt
>
> "pycvs is a python module that wraps the command-line cvs executable."
>
> You asked for an IronPython or CPython library for cvs. It is CPython
> only as it uses the popen2 module but I think it's what you are after.

If popen2 is the only incompatibility, then it should be easy to convert
to IronPython using the System.Diagnostics.Process class.

We recently built a simple script that runs continuous integration by
executing svn commands as subprocesses. Creating something custom should
be fairly simple even if this module can't be made to work.

Fuzzyman