[IronPython] Visual studio and IronPython

Aaron Marten Aaron.Marten at microsoft.com
Mon May 22 19:31:28 CEST 2006

Hi Donald,

I wrote a blog entry about this a while back. Right now, you'll need to
go download the April 2006 release of the Visual Studio SDK and build
the IronPythonIntegration sample to use IronPython in Visual Studio.

"Open VS 2005 and (assuming you installed the SDK to the default
location) open the solution at "C:\Program Files\Visual Studio 2005
SDK\2006.04\VisualStudioIntegration\Samples\IronPythonIntegration".
Then, it should simply be a matter of hitting F5 for Build & Debug. This
will launch Visual Studio using the "Experimental hive". (If you want to
launch this without the debugger, run "devenv /rootsuffix Exp" or use
the shortcut that is placed under VS SDK in the Start Menu.)"

More at: http://blogs.msdn.com/aaronmar/archive/2006/02/16/533273.aspx

Hope that helps!

Aaron