[IronPython] Time since the epoch

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Tue May 2 09:55:24 CEST 2006

Hello,

Python library reference 6.11 says, "The epoch is the point where the
time starts. On January 1st of that year, at 0 hours, the "time since
the epoch'' is zero. For Unix, the epoch is 1970."

To me this seems to suggest that the epoch may vary among platforms
and implementations as long as it's consistent. Am I correct?

For example, does it make sense to file bug reports to Python projects
assuming that time.time() returns seconds since the Unix epoch?

I am asking because currently Python and IronPython returns very
different values for time.time() even if they run on the same computer
and at the same time.

Seo Sanghyeon