[IronPython] pasting into interactive console

Pete Sheill psheill at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 13 19:07:06 CET 2006

In Beta3, I recall being able to copy and paste large class definitions from my editor to the interactive console.  In Beta4, I get some strange indenting behavior that breaks that usage.  Example:

class Item(UserControl):  def __init__(self, id, beetle):    self.id = id    self.Height = 50;

When pasted becomes...
>>> class Item(UserControl):...       def __init__(self, id, beetle):...               self.id = id...                   self.Height = 50

and I get a SyntaxError.

My class definition has spaces, not tabs.   Is there some workaround?

Thanks.
-Pete