[IronPython] IronPython versus Tkinter...

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sun Jun 4 22:01:00 CEST 2006

Kevin Bjorke wrote:

> Any clues on running this under Beta7, or is it currently non-functional?
>
> I want to be able to run a GUI under both IronPython and Cpython since
> my app's intent targets two different kinds of host machine.
>
> Current behavior:
>
> I have a Tkinter app called "smtk" which I call from this shell:

Tkinter is a C extension "_tkinter.pyd".

C extensions are not currently supported (nor likely to be supported) by
IronPython.

A cross-platform GUI for IronPython/CPython doesn't currently exist -
perhaps you can build an abstraction layer over the top of your GUI code
which detects the underlying platform ?

Michael Foord