[IronPython] Typing problem with vendor library?

jeff sacksteder jsacksteder at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 06:53:50 CEST 2006

I have a data-acquisition device whose vendor provides a dotnet library for
software integration. The dynamic nature of IP is giving me a bit of a
problem. To record data from the unit, I make a method call like this:

errorlevel = board.AIn(channel,mode,output)

It seems that the library wants to put an UInt16 value into the 'output'
variable. I would not expect this to be a problem, but this produces...

TypeError: no overloads of AIn could match (int, Range, int)
  AIn(int, Range, Reference[Int16])
  AIn(int, Range, Reference[UInt16])

Surely an unsigned Int16 should be able to go into an Int32?