[IronPython] UnicodeDecodeError: Unable to translate bytes [81] at index 0 from specified code page to Unicode

JoeSox joesox at gmail.com
Sun Jul 2 19:57:19 CEST 2006

I don't understand this error and was wondering if someone could open
my eyes to the exact problem.

I am working with IronPython beta8 and importing this array.py file:
http://codespeak.net/svn/user/nik/array_py/trunk/src/array.py

here is the execption details:
===========
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File , line 0, in <stdin>##70
  File E:\CNUDB.py, line 24, in __init__
  File E:\CNUTools.py, line 13, in __init__
  File E:\CNUMontylingua.py, line 15, in __init__
  File E:\CNUMontyTagger.py, line 15, in __init__
  File E:\CNUMontyLexiconFast.py, line 37, in __init__
  File E:\CNUMontyLexiconFast.py, line 101, in load_fastlexicon
  File CNUMontyLexiconFast, line unknown, in array_fromfile
  File E:\CNUMontyLexiconFast.py, line 254, in array_fromfile
  File E:\array.py, line 209, in fromfile
  File E:\array.py, line 222, in fromstring
  File mscorlib, line unknown, in GetString
  File mscorlib, line unknown, in GetString
  File mscorlib, line unknown, in CreateStringFromEncoding
  File mscorlib, line unknown, in GetCharCount
  File mscorlib, line unknown, in InternalFallback
  File mscorlib, line unknown, in Fallback
  File mscorlib, line unknown, in Throw
UnicodeDecodeError: Unable to translate bytes [81] at index 0 from specified cod
e page to Unicode.

It is having some kind of trouble reading FASTLEXICON_3.MDF file which
is included with ConceptNet's Montylingua. I am just not sure why.
I have a complete ConceptNet mini-browser just like the Python version
but developed in C#/IronPython but this error is stumping me right
now.

This array.py is for array.array support using IronPython.

Thanks.
--
Later, Joe