[IronPython] Fwd: Where to share a script / executables (again)

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Wed Jan 25 20:35:07 CET 2006

I don't have an immediate answer for you on sharing scripts but our next beta release (due real, real soon now) will support running the generated EXEs.  If your test imports any modules written in Python you'll still need to have those around and on your sys.path, but otherwise this will work.

Also, IronPython does also include a compiler that can generate a set of scripts into a single stand alone EXE, but at this time we haven't exposed this functionality via the command line yet (and therefore you'd need to write your own front end for it).  You can of course access this functionality from Python code with:

from IronPython.Hosting import PythonCompiler

which is how we currently test it.