[IronPython] CLS compliance

Dino Viehland dinov at exchange.microsoft.com
Tue Feb 28 18:09:08 CET 2006

IronPython can consume CLS types and extend them, but cannot produce new CLS types.  Unfortunately that last part is extremely tricky because CLR types are not dynamic, but Python types are.  It is something that's on our radar but we don't yet have a solution for it.

Do you want to help develop Dynamic languages on CLR? (http://members.microsoft.com/careers/search/details.aspx?JobID=6D4754DE-11F0-45DF-8B78-DC1B43134038)