[IronPython] patch to enable codeop.py on fepy

Sanghyeon Seo sanxiyn at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 09:31:01 CET 2006

2006/12/9, Anthony Baxter <anthonybaxter at gmail.com>:
> The following patch makes codeop.py (and therefore stuff that depends
> on it, such as code.py) work on IronPython.

Applied. Thanks!
http://svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fepy?view=rev&revision=342

> (snip) It would be nice if the builtin compile() supported
> this flag - I assume there's some support for it, since the
> interactive interpreter does the right thing with it. This patch makes
> codeop.py "work", but it does cause a slight change in behaviour,
> damn.

Indeed. As is, code.interact() on IronPython can't handle multiple
indented statements. It also doesn't handle true division __future__
statements along the interactive input.

> The docs for compile() don't actually mention this flag - I've logged
> an SF bugreport about that.

Namely, http://bugs.python.org/1612012 -- for the benefit of others. :)

It's indeed an interesting question where should be this compiler flag
exposed. Do you have any suggestion?

> And yes, I plan to clean up and release the Bruce on
> IronPython+sdldotnet code. Not today, though - still recovering from
> the conference. :-)

That'd be cool!

--
Seo Sanghyeon