[IronPython] Debugging support PythonEngine

Shri Borde Shri.Borde at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 18 23:00:20 CEST 2006

We do actually run all our tests using both DynamicMethods and AssemblyBuilder. This has helped us catch bugs in the DynamicMethods implementation. If there is any difference, it is a bug that should be fixed. Running "ipy.exe foo.py" will use the AssemblyBuilder, so that code path is used heavily. In fact, more than DynamicMethods.

The IL generation is actually unaware of whether the method is a DynamicMethod or a MethodBuilder. So there should not be any differences.