[IronPython] .NET Events in IronPython

Ken Manheimer ken.manheimer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 23:32:06 CET 2005

On 11/15/05, Martin Maly <Martin.Maly at microsoft.com> wrote:

> Either that (which I don't like very much the idea of adding keywords as it
> modifies the underlying language), or finding some way to express that the
> class I am deriving from .NET class should be sealed. That should get us
> there also, even though the code to do events would probably not be as slick
> as it is in C#.

given a mechanism to produce or transform a class into a sealed class
(if that's a sensible notion in the first place), then function/method
decorators could be used to express the transformation.  i think
that's the kind of thing for which decorators are intended.  (i, also,
cringe at the even the thought of adding a new keyword...)

ken
ken.manheimer at gmail.com