[IronPython] Array Access Problem

Timothy Fitz firemoth at gmail.com
Wed May 11 07:03:52 CEST 2005

On 5/10/05, Jim Hugunin <jimhug at exchange.microsoft.com> wrote:
> If value types were immutable this would throw.  The exception message
> might give people enough information to get started tracking down the
> issue and modifying their code to work correctly.

I want to say this should be equivelant to
apt[0] = Point(0, apt[0].Y)
which would not break mutability issues. However this breaks with the
current python trend (tuples could provide this functionality, but
don't).

To me, making apt[0].X = 0 require an explicitly new object is a
almost a showstopper. Are there any other purely reference semantic
languages on the CLI? Or are we treading on new ground?