[IronPython] System.Exception: can't convert 66.6 to System.Int32

Jim Hugunin jimhug at exchange.microsoft.com
Sat May 7 20:15:26 CEST 2005

PhiHo Hoang wrote:
>     Why 66.6 cannot be converted to System.Int32 ?
66.6 can be both explicitly converted to an int and compared to one.

>>> int(66.6)
66
>>> 12 < 66.6
True
>>> 66.6 < 12
False

It's a good thing that 66.6 won't be implicitly converted to an int
since that would lose precision.

> [333, 1234.5, 1, 333, -1, 66.6]
> System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to compare two elements in
the
> array. -

However, you're right that IronPython doesn't handle this correctly for
sorting an array.  We already have one bug for sorting mixed-type arrays
(bug #63) but it's nice to add this case as well to the set we need to
fix.

Thanks - Jim