[IronPython] IronPython compilation with mono

Keith J. Farmer kfarmer at thuban.org
Tue Mar 29 20:20:21 CEST 2005

fepy -- OK?  fewer keystrokes, and google doesn't find "fepy.exe".  It also has that science geek charm.
ipy -- taken by spyware
ip -- taken by spyware

But then, I have some wonderfully long exe names here at work.

I'd also as soon keep versions seperate, rather than nested.  I've never considered a version number to be anything more than a label, since there isn't any universal way to distinguish the level of change from the version.  That is, version numbers increment in a rather arbitrary manner: might as well just give them unique distribution.  If the base libraries were stored in the GAC, one could use the standard config mechanisms for declaring which versions to use for side-by-side installations of IronPython.