[IronPython] Python extensions

Jonathan Jacobs korpse-ironpython at kaydash.za.net
Sat Jul 16 21:19:05 CEST 2005

Hi,

Long story short: I'd like to make use of the Python stdlib
email-related modules (imaplib, poplib) but these require the use of the
_sockets extension (_sockets.pyd), which has not been implemented in
IronPython (yet).

This got me thinking about extensions in IronPython, currently there is
no method to load an extension DLL in IronPython (is there?). I'm not
sure if you can just declare a C# class without a namespace. If you
can't have no namespace, then how would one implement something like
_socket.pyd, without having to rewrite all the applicable stdlib modules?

Just some pondering.

--
Jonathan