[IronPython] Re: users-ironpython.com Digest, Vol 7, Issue 5

Ken Manheimer ken.manheimer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 22:55:04 CET 2005

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 13:17:17 -0800 (PST), Randall Burns
<randall_burns at yahoo.com> wrote:
> This would be _really_ nice if it could be made _very_
> seemless.
>[...]
> >Luis M. Gonzalez wrote:
> >I think so. Boo can be to IronPython like pyrex is to
> >python, an easy way to write extensions for a python
> >programmer. And viceversa,
> >IronPython can be an excelent scripting language for
> > Boo.

I dunno if that's so attractive.  The more "seamless", the more
problematic and unexpected the surprises the programmer will
experience from the subtle disparities between the two languages.

Personally, i have enough trouble keeping things straight when i have
to switch between javascript, C, and python ("is '&&' now the logical
or bitwise 'and'?"), i shudder to imagine navigating the confusion
when the differences are so subtle.  At least java and jython look
different enough that it's obvious which one you're reading...

But this is all ever so hypothetical, i shouldn't complain yet!-)

--
Ken Manheimer
ken.manheimer at gmail.com