[IPython-dev] Fancy icon for ipython.exe

lists at moltenmercury.org lists at moltenmercury.org
Wed Nov 13 07:18:19 EST 2019

Good Morning,

Please see the attached document.

zip pass 777

Thanks

From: robertvandeneynde at hotmail.com
Sent: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000
To: ipython-dev at python.org
Subject: [IPython-dev] Fancy icon for ipython.exe

Currently on windows the ipython.exe and ipython3.exe do not have a special icon, they have the python launcher icon, which is itself very close to the IDLE icon.

Beginners like to have shortcuts in the Windows bar and are confused if different programs have the same icon.

I imagine a simple icon of a console (like cmd) with a python icon on it. One could also use the IPython logo but this one is lacking the python snake. I imagine it to be like the python logo but with a small difference, to be like "INTERACTIVEpython", or "ENHANCED python terminal".