[IPython-dev] [ANN] Release of IPython 7.0 – you've awaited long enough

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 14:19:52 EDT 2018

re: Qt console

Does the Qt console yet support async/await?

https://ipython.readthedocs.io/en/latest/interactive/autoawait.html

> In a Notebook, QtConsole, or any other frontend using IPykernel,
background tasks should behave as expected.

The new asyncio docs also look great and will likely be helpful for
learning async/await:

New (3.7):
https://docs.python.org/3/library/asyncio.html

Old (3.6)