[IPython-dev] pdf slides from a Jupyter/IPython notebook using RISE

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 13:24:00 EDT 2017

On Mon, Mar 20, 2017 at 8:07 AM, Thomas Kluyver <takowl at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can try going into slideshow mode and then using the browser's print
> function. I think this has been a problem in the past, though, and I don't
> know if it's any better now.

Supposedly adding `?print-pdf` to the URL makes this possible, but I know I
and others have struggled with making it work reliably; e.g.
https://github.com/hakimel/reveal.js/issues/1252.  Some more (old)
background is here: https://github.com/ipython/ipython/issues/3993.  I
haven't tested recently, so I have no idea if it's any better. Would love
to hear if anyone has a reliable solution for this, coincidentally a
colleague was asking me about this very problem just a few days ago.

Cheers