[IPython-dev] Python variables obscur ipdb commands

Fangohr H. H.FANGOHR at soton.ac.uk
Tue Oct 25 18:21:44 EDT 2016

I have run into exactly the same problem. It is a difficult call what is better but it is upsetting when 'n' is not moving onto the next statement but prints a value.

I'd support deactivating this convenience feature. Or maybe it should not work for variable names that shadow debugger commands? Maybe that is an inoffensive compromise?

Best wishes

Hans

Sent from smartphone