[IPython-dev] ipywidget GUI

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 08:25:54 EDT 2016

Hello,

I have a set of functions that I'd like to expose in a notebook as HTML
widgets, using ipywidgets (I think that's still the current name ;-D). In
the past, I have used interact to do this, but in this case, I'd very much
like to hide the pipework in a file, and maybe just have a simple function
call in the notebook (e.g. gui_expt1()) that sets up the GUI etc.

One option is to define e.g. a dictionary with the different GUI bits
(ranges for sliders and so on), and pass it to the interact call, but I was
wondering whether other approaches might be better.

Thanks!
Jose