[IPython-dev] IPython 5.0.0rc1

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 20:43:15 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 5:34 PM, Nathan Goldbaum <nathan12343 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 5, 2016 at 7:22 PM, Aaron Meurer <asmeurer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Minor annoyance with the emacs bindings: C-k at the end of a line
>> should delete the newline. Probably also the reverse for C-u.
>>
>> Question: with the new multiline editing, up arrow (and C-p) just move
>> up a line. Is there a fast way to cycle through the history without
>> going up one line at a time in each history item?
>>

> C-up arrow and C-down arrow.

Mmmh, I don't think that's what Aaron is asking: those still make you walk
through each line of a multi-line history entry.  At least that's what I'm
getting on OSX with master (git 74b0369)

I think what Aaron wants is a way to retrieve entire history items one at a
time, even if they are multi-line...  I couldn't find a way to do that, but
Matthias is much more up to speed on the intricacies of the new keybinding
machinery.

Cheers