[IPython-dev] Code of Conduct and Community Guidelines PR ready for feedback

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 17:19:01 EST 2016

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 7:02 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com>
wrote:

> it has taken us far longer than it should, but thanks to the persistent
> work of a number of folks on the team, we finally have a PR ready for
> public feedback!
>
> https://github.com/jupyter/governance/pull/23/

oops, one more thing I completely forgot to include in the original email!
While we have framed the composition of the committee that would handle
this as the responsibility of the Steering Council, it doesn't mean its
*members* have to be all from the SC, quite the opposite.

We want, and should have, a mix, so we'd love to ask for folks from the
community who'd like to volunteer to be part of this team, whether you are
in the SC or not.  If you'd like to do so via PR, feel free to comment in
the PR issue with a short note about why you'd like to help and any
relevant experience you may have (if so, it's not like we're asking for a
CV, but it helps if you have already participated in similar setups
elsewhere).

If you prefer to do so privately, feel free to send a short email to
conduct at jupyter.org.

Thanks to everyone who has responded on the PR with input/fixes/questions,
I'll be back on it shortly :)

Cheers