[IPython-dev] [jupyter]News from a French Mooc about Python with ipython

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 20:39:49 EDT 2015

Bonjour Benjamin,

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 6:37 AM, Benjamin Ninassi <benjamin.ninassi at inria.fr
> wrote:

> Months ago I told you about our purpose to use ipython notebooks on a web
> plateform (without requiring students to install anything on their
> computer) in a Mooc about python programming on the governmental french
> Mooc plateform https://www.france-universite-numerique-mooc.fr/.
>
> The mooc (
> https://www.france-universite-numerique-mooc.fr/courses/inria/41001/Trimestre_4_2014/about)
> took place between november and december 2014, featuring 111 ipython
> notebooks (+ videos, quizz and other contents).

Many thanks for sharing this!  As a perfect coincidence, an INRIA
researcher was visiting our group at LBL as I was reading this message, and
I was able to share your message with her. She is likely to teach a MOOC on
the FUN platform this fall, so she might be in touch with you regarding
some of this work (her area is systems research, so it's not 100% clear
that IPython will help her yet).  Excellent timing :)

I do hope that in the long run, you'll be able to bring your experience and
feedback into the rest of the project.  We'd love to have your
contributions!

Cheers