[IPython-dev] The Big Split™ has begun

MinRK benjaminrk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 20:25:57 EDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 5:16 PM, Wes Turner <wes.turner at gmail.com> wrote:

> A suggestion: keep the master branch relatively stable and work on a
> develop branch?

That is not how we are going to be doing it. Doing it that way would mean
blocking everything on master, and essentially freezing it while the
development happens, because every PR against master conflicts with the
refactor. We went over the various options, and found doing it in master to
be the least painful prospect.

-MinRK