[IPython-dev] [jupyter] Communications, mailing lists, gitter, etc...

Wes Turner wes.turner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 16:35:14 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 10:32 AM, Matthias Bussonnier <
bussonniermatthias at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Tony,
>

> > On Jun 30, 2015, at 04:45, Tony.Hirst <tony.hirst at open.ac.uk> wrote:
> >
> > A site I have found useful for keeping tabs on what's going on in the
> > R-universe is http://www.r-bloggers.com/ which aggregates posts from
> > approved feeds (eg I have an Rstats category feed from my more general
> > blog on that I use to syndicate on topic posts into that context).
> >
> > Is there a similar initiative around the IPython ecosystem? (I've not
> seen
> > one?)
>
> Not really, I have seen the idea a few time, No one have put it in place.
> We also probably need someone to take care of it, if there are abuses.
>

> > I also keep wondering if more could be made of nbviewer? This could
> > provide the basis of a regular round up post ("This week's notable
> > notebooks on nbviewer”)?
>

> > (On a side note, I've often wondered about how I migh tbe able to turn
> > nbviewer into a pseudo blogging platfrom, eg by scraping
> > http://nbviewer.ipython.org/gist/MYACCOUNT and producing a feed from
> it...
> > In that respect, it would be really handy if I could tag notebooks and
> see
> > the tags on that page (though a pseudo-tag could be hacked using eg
> > tag:MYTAG in the description that could be easily retrieved.)

- [ ] RDFa in nbconvert HTML (e.g. schema.org/ Notebook) would be
search-indexable
- [ ] Currently, one COULD store JSON-LD in notebook metadata

* https://wrdrd.com/docs/consulting/knowledge-engineering#rdfa
* https://wrdrd.com/docs/consulting/knowledge-engineering#schema-org
  * http://schema.org/docs/full.html

Two URIs for a notebook:
- GitHub notebook rendering (./blob/master/path/to/file.py)
- nbviewer rendering (e.g.
http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/jrjohansson/scientific-python-lectures)

> This might require a “persistence” on nbviewer, but right now nbviewer is
> stateless,
> though, if you like to send PR and have ideas...

- [ ] Maintain "a gallery of interesting IPython notebooks" as a notebook
renderable through nbviewer?

https://github.com/ipython/ipython/wiki/A-gallery-of-interesting-IPython-Notebooks