[IPython-dev] [jupyter] Communications, mailing lists, gitter, etc...

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 18:16:39 EDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 1:11 AM, Matthias Bussonnier <
bussonniermatthias at gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree, though do you want to improve our communication or not ?

I'd like to invite you to consider perhaps a different way of tackling this
question: I think it should go without saying that we all want to improve
our communications.  Posing a question in this fashion is effectively
questioning our good faith in the project...

The issue, instead, is that while we are trying to improve our
communications, we're doing so within very limited constraints.  So we're
trying to find a good balance of time, resources and effectiveness.

Regarding the blog, I'm absolutely sure that we do produce enough
interesting work for more than one great post per week.  But I'm not sure
that right now we have the time and energy to *write* that post.

And I do know that we may at least be able to write a less-polished, but
still-useful ML post that summarizes the state of things.  I know that, in
the past, I've made a lot of long-ish posts on our MLs that over the years
have become referenced many times, and in a better world would actually be
blog posts.  But I did them only as ML posts, simply due to lack of time...
For example, the one about the early days of the notebook was long and
detailed enough that eventually I managed to *rewrite* it as a blog post:

http://blog.fperez.org/2012/01/ipython-notebook-historical.html

but that almost never happens simply b/c I don't have the time.

So, as Min tactfully and kindly said above, I'd like to reiterate a request
for a bit of patience: we're all trying to do our best, and we're going
into this with our best effort under tight constraints.