[IPython-dev] Proposal: soft moratorium on re-architecting for 5.0

Sylvain Corlay sylvain.corlay at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 10:04:45 EDT 2015

I wanted to +1 the proposal to start creating branches for new versions
when a feature freeze occurs. Independently of the discussion on phosphor,
I completely agree with Min on the diagnosis that there is not enough
available parallel work.

Regarding phosphor and the work on refactoring the front-end, thanks for
creating the centralized phosphor notebook repository in the organization.
I did some experiments lately with the widgets and did not know where this
could fall, or how to share it without requiring it to install phosphor
etc. Coordination is also important for new developments, even when they
have not yet achieved the stability of the main components of the project.

Best,

Sylvain