[IPython-dev] [EXTERNAL] rant: "%matplotlib inline"

Shead, Timothy tshead at sandia.gov
Mon Jul 6 15:41:38 EDT 2015

> On Jul 6, 2015, at 12:52 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez.net at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Mon, Jul 6, 2015 at 8:28 AM, Shead, Timothy <tshead at sandia.gov> wrote:
> At the risk of being self-serving, Toyplot (http://toyplot.readthedocs.org) is a plotting library for Python that Just Works when imported into a notebook.
>
> Not at all! Please, authors of projects like Toyplot and HoloViews, do let us know what your use cases are, and if you have a different perspective on this!  We can't make informed decisions without input from you all, so it's extremely important that you pitch in.

I appreciate it … so far, I’m completely happy with current API, which has provided everything needed to integrate cleanly.

> And in this case, it seems obvious that any PR that we create, should be one of those that before merging, we give it a chance to get "socialized" in the mailing list as well, by pinging folks here, since not everyone follows the repos closely...

Please do!  My only apprehension has been around what API changes to expect during the IPython -> Jupyter transition.  To date, I've been to skimming the “Current Development Version” documentation on the ipython.org website periodically.

Cheers,
Tim