[IPython-dev] Two basic Notebook questions (Python focus)

Jean Bigboute jeanbigboute at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 12:28:27 EST 2015

1) I often go back and forth in cells, tweaking functions.  I'd like to be
able to show the current code for a function in a cell (not the pager) when
I'm not sure which function definition I last executed

%psource function
works nicely but the result goes in the pager, not the cell.

These two options work but require remembering things which gets tricky
when I use different computers:

import inspect
print inspect.getsource(function)

and the pager redefinition shown in
http://nbviewer.ipython.org/gist/minrk/7715212 has a fix which requires
imports

I am sure there must be a way to do this and I just haven't searched on the
correct terms...

2) Is it possible to paste images from the clipboard buffer into a cell
without first creating a separate image file and then linking to that file?

Thanks,

JBB