[IPython-dev] From Pyro to IPython/Jupyter

Frédéric Mantegazza mantegazza at ill.fr
Wed Dec 2 02:42:40 EST 2015

Hi!

Our spectrometer driving application is based on Pyro3¹ to achieve that:
the server registers some objects in the Pyro name server, and clients use
them as if they where local objects.

Our client is build using IPython, for its interactive feature.

But it seams that IPython/Jupyter (4.x branch) provide similar mecanisms:
it is possible to have a central application (kernel ?), and several
clients (frontends) to communicate with it, at the same time.

Am I right? I'm not sure to clearly understand how things interact. But it
would be great if we could build our app. all on top of IPython/Jupyter, as
we already planned to use notebooks to provide a web-based client
console...

Thanks for your help.

¹ http://pythonhosted.org/Pyro

--
    Frédéric MANTEGAZZA             CEA-Grenoble
    Tel.     : 33 (0) 476 207 617   INAC/SPSMS/MDN