[IPython-dev] more bootstrap widgets

Matthias Bussonnier bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 03:31:08 EDT 2014

Le 22 sept. 2014 à 06:12, Nicholas Bollweg a écrit :

> Here's a couple of widgets I've been putting together, extracted from other projects:
>
> https://github.com/bollwyvl/ip-bootstrap

thanks awesome.

> It's not a full release yet, but I figured some others might have some interest/opinions on the work up until now.
>
> Background: I have recently, both here on the list and for work, been buiding things that are more application-like in notebooks. I end up hacking up "chrome junk": control groups, layout grids, icons on buttons. Yes, these are very boring from a data point of view, probably overkill as widgets, etc... but are useful nonetheless, as the result Looks Good. Since Bootstrap and FontAwesome are already available, it seemed like a no-brainer to use them as the basis for this.
>
> Future: Not sure if any of this would be an acceptable PR to core, as it is pretty heavily tied to BS/FA, but perhaps certain features could be.

Probably not **now** we want to split widget in a separate repo to allow faster development. So we keep minimal things in the core.

> The icon minilanguage is particularly funny: to show a huge, "good" space shuttle:
>
> Icon(fa.space_shuttle.context_success.rotate_180 * 5)

You should add some screnshot to the read me :-)

Haven't looked at the source deeply, but have you thought of how this would integrate into non-python package ?
Like a way to reuse the js part with julia/ruby… etc ?

Thanks , you can add a link to that on the wiki, and don't forget the Framework:IPython on PyPi :-)