[IPython-dev] Shared profile , distinct security dirs

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at inria.fr
Thu Sep 11 08:31:58 EDT 2014

Dear all,

I'm running ipython notebook with the --profile-dir= option.
I'd like to make it possible for all users to share the same system-wide
profile directory while having each their distinct security directory.
So far I was not able to achieve this. ipython tries to create the
security directory inside the profile directory and gets a permission
denied, which is normal. I tried specifying the --ipython-dir option in
addition, but that does not seem to have an impact.

Is there a way to achieve this, please?

Thanks!
Sébastien.