[IPython-dev] Multiple selections

Matthieu Gomez gomez.matthieu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 13:55:35 EDT 2014

Hello,

I’m a recent (R) user of IPython and I find it amazing.

I’m using the current Github version. I’ve discovered that I could select multiple lines of codes and edit them (by using ALT), which is awesome. In a similar spirit, is it possible to select multiple words starting from a selection of one?. In Sublime Text, if one selects some characters and press CMD + D, then both the current selection and the next set of character matching the current selection are selected. Pressing CMD+D a second time adds the third set of characters to the selection, etc (here is a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2SVJa2EGIw). This is very helpful when one wants to modify the name of a variable everywhere in the code.

However, as of now, when I press CMD + D, the selection is deleted. I was wondering whether this feature was implemented, maybe under a different shortcut.

Thanks a lot!

Matthieu