[IPython-dev] Jupyter Server Project Startup

Matthias BUSSONNIER bussonniermatthias at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 03:19:17 EDT 2014

Hi,

You already had some comments from Doug, so I'll stay brief.
Le 13 oct. 2014 à 13:22, John.Holt at tessella.com a écrit :

> Hi All,
>
> I am just starting a project to deploy the IPython Notebook deployed for multiple user access on a virtual cloud. I am writing in the hope that the community can advise me on any issues I am going to face getting this up and running. I am particularly interested in the following:
>
>  1) It looks like Jupyter Hub is a good choice for this system. I am aware that is is still in development but have seen some people using it. How stable is it ?

It is working pretty well, keep in mind that the scope of jupyterhub itself is extremely limited,  so most of the further improvement would be mostly cleanig up,
visual design …etc. Most of the work will be done in Auth Plugin and Spawners.

>  2) Has anyone used IPython parallel within JupyterHub? This is a key requirement of my project. I created a sandbox which runs this and although I can use a pre-setup cluster from my notebook, I can not start a new cluster within the notebook.

JupyterHub Should not change anything on what you can do with IPython notebook.
If you can do it with current setup, then you should be able to do it with jupyterhub.

>  3) Any other thoughts, tips, tricks or pitfalls I should avoid?

Avoid Windows, not supported [1].

[1] But maybe one day. Probably not from us.