[IPython-dev] IPCluster over SSH

Thomas Johnson thomas.j.johnson at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 11:49:30 EDT 2014

I'm trying to get started using IPCluster over SSH. I have ssh-agent
working, and I can ssh into my remote IP without providing a password from
the command line.

However, starting ipcluster still prompts for my password, and then
strangely claims that the engines started:
----
<SNIP>
tjohnson at XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX's password: tjohnson at XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX's password:

2014-10-13 10:42:49.490 [IPClusterStart] Engines appear to have started
successfully
----

Should I ignore this password prompt? How can I check if the engines have
really started on the remote server?