[IPython-dev] Simple kernel not working on a venv

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 18:06:22 EDT 2014

On 9 October 2014 14:57, Kiko <kikocorreoso at gmail.com> wrote:

> The kernel is working if I don't use a venv but inside a venv the notebook
> is 'busy' and I can't run code.

My guess would be that it's somehow importing a different version of your
kernel, or a different version of IPython, inside the venv. I can't think
that anything we do should care whether the kernel runs in a venv or not.
If you remove the env and recreate it with fresh installations of IPython
and your kernel, do you still see the issue?

Thomas