[IPython-dev] How-To create persistent, interactive UI elements outside cells

Hack-The-Paradise sk.spiros at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 30 11:26:53 EST 2014

OK, now we are getting somewhere but again it is not apparent to me how can i
hook up a widget.
And what exactly you mean by that.

If you think that it is possible its good news whatsoever.

But let me propose a more representative example:
Assuming that we have the following notebooks:
1) http://nbviewer.ipython.org/gist/anonymous/840b5cec9e19f3e39090

2)
http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/rossant/euroscipy2014/blob/master/02_gui.ipynb

3)
http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/rossant/euroscipy2014/blob/master/01_interact.ipynb

The 1) notebook has the above embedded image as an outcome.
the other two can be found:
https://github.com/rossant/euroscipy2014

Our goal is to transfer all the code that is written in the cells elsewhere
and upon loading a notebook the same graphs and lists and buttons should
appear somewhere.

The point that we reached is relocating everything except the display
command (as it can be seen in the image).
But this is not the solution that we want.
The first approach was to just copy paste the code that we have created in
the cells inside the command
IPython.notebook.kernel.execute(), as you can imagine the outcome was not
displayed upon loading a new notebook.

So, in this case do you think that the goal achievable? And if yes how ?
If we can solve the problem for notebook 1) then i think we can do that also
for 2) and 3).