[IPython-dev] Tabipy

Thomas Kluyver takowl at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 19:25:34 EST 2014

Thanks to assistance from Christian Alis, I've just released a first
version of Tabipy, a package to easily construct tables for display in the
notebook:

http://nbviewer.ipython.org/github/takluyver/tabipy/blob/master/docs/IPyTables.ipynb

You can get it now with:

pip install tabipy

This serves a similar function to Eric Moyer's ipy_table package. However:

- I don't especially like the API of ipy_table. Tabipy is designed in a
more object oriented way, which I think is simpler and more flexible. Your
mileage may vary.
- Tabipy produces both HTML and Latex representations of tables, so a
notebook converted to PDF via Latex has tables that look right (thanks to
Christian for implementing this).
- Tabipy doesn't currently have as many formatting options as ipy_table.

Thanks,
Thomas