[IPython-dev] Authentication / Access Control

Vasco vasco+python at tenner.nl
Thu Nov 6 04:36:18 EST 2014

Hi Daniel,

On 06-11-14 09:50, Daniel Carrera wrote:
> Does anyone have a suggestion? Has anyone else encountered a similar
> problem? If so, what did you do? How did you get the notebooks to your
> students? This isn't a critical feature for me, but I would be
> interested to know if there are any solutions.
You are indeed not the first one that wants this feature. The last
months there is a large buzz around the jupyter hub
(https://github.com/jupyter/jupyterhub) project, that allows multiple
user to login to a central server and work on their own (ipython)-notebooks.

There is also posted a lot about this topic on this mailinglist. The
archives you can find here: http://mail.scipy.org/pipermail/ipython-dev/

Probably you can use a search engine to search through the archives.

Vasco