[IPython-dev] Markdown MathJaX and Serif

Fernando Perez fperez.net at gmail.com
Mon May 5 21:09:39 EDT 2014

To the best of my understanding and some rather hasty googling, mathjax
doesn't provide sans-serif mathematical fonts.

I'm also pretty sure that in Beamer, in most themes even though it uses
sans-serif CM variants, it still renders the math using serifed CM (or at
least it used to years ago). You have to switch to special packages to get
sans-serifed math, such as the cmbright one.

In summary, the business of getting proper sans-serif math rendering is
highly non-trivial, and ultimately it's a question for the MathJax lists.
If mathjax supports it, we can too simply because we use unadulterated
mathjax. But if it's not something that mathjax can do by itself, IPython
isn't going to help...

Cheers